Sunday, October 16, 2016

So I missed all the fun

of TrumpSeussing on twitter, 
I could cry, I could wail, 
could protest I'm not bitter –  

Okay, I'm a bit miffed, 
it was right up my alley 
but you see, I've been busy, 
writing Andrew and Talley.  

They're two of my characters 
in my new book – 
I've been writing so hard 
I've not had time to look 

at the book of the face, 
at the Instagram pages, 
and as for the twitter – 
I've not tweeted in ages.  

But the book's going great, 
or so it seems to me, 
written drafts one and two, 
I'm almost done with three.  

So this may be the last 
you'll read here for a while 
but I'm having a blast 
with this new juvenile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, ask a question, share a favorite summerhood memory, or just say hi.